Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Disappearing

The houndstooth seems to very well have been disappearing, or so I thought-- no it has. I didn't see any for like a day, mostly because of the warmer weather, I think-- but then I saw a homeless guy in an underground transit tunnel, and I noticed that he was wearing some crazy houndstooth pants! The pants looked kind of like pajamas, and they were several sizes too big, and tied with a rope belt. He was standing there kind of defiantly and furtively, looking around, and then I noticed that he was smoking! I've never seen anyone smoking underground before. I think they give you life in prison for that. But this guy didn't care-- all of his posses ions were in a black plastic trash bag, and I wondered at what point he put on those houndstooth pants. We don't usually think about that kind of stuff about homeless people because I guess we try not to think about them at all.

No comments: